1144 Deer Haven Drive
Greenville, SC 29607
Job Objective To obtain a position as a Camp Nurse where my past record speaks for itself and to bring my assets to the hospital.
Highlights of Qualifications:
- Ability to update, and monitor health care, maintain records
- Ability to implement the health care plan and standing orders
- Ability to lift and assist campers in an emergency
- Ability to read prescriptions and heath exams
- Ability to evaluate and document patient responses to provided care
- Ability to get to remote locations on camp property quickly
Camp Nurse, August 2005 – Present
Camp Wah-Nee, Greenville, SC
- Supervised all health and medical-related activities for camp.
- Evaluated, planned, implemented, and documented nursing care for campers and staff.
- Provided first-aid and emergent care.
- Designed and collaborated medical training programsfor the staff and campers.
- Maintainedlog of administered medications and incident.
- Identified health problems serious enough to require a physician’s attention.
Camp Nurse, May 2000 – July 2005
TCAssociates, Greenville, SC
- Evaluated and treated camper’s minor injuries and illnesses.
- Administered approved camper prescription medications.
- Responded to emergency situations.
- Maintained a log of Health Center visits.
- Provided equipment and supplies needed for nurse and the Infirmary.
- Analyzed and monitored records through camp software to record camper and Infirmary encounters.
- Supervised and maintained the health room infirmary.
Associate of Science in Nursing, Martin Community College, Williamston, NC
Camp Nurse Resume
Camp nurses take care of the campers and staff. Generally they work on short-term basis, like for an entire summer season. They are endowed with the responsibility of keeping health record of the campers, treating minor injuries and controlling the spread of infections. Sometimes they need to perform certain administrative duties as well. If you are willing to apply for a camp nurse's position in a renowned organization, then read this sample resume and customize it according to your education and work experience.
This is a resume sample for job seekers who want to apply for the post of camp nurse. It is a standard and optimized resume template which contains tips that can help you to get short listed for an interview. This camp nurse resume will provide you effective ideas to create a perfect resume that will highlight your core competencies, academic background and work history.
To obtain a camp nurse position with a company that organizes camps for children where I can assess children's health before and during the camping activities.
Summary of Skills:
- Experience in counseling children in emotional distress
- Skilled in providing emotional support to children
- Ability to assess and monitor children's health
- Skilled in planning nursing activities for various camps
- Ability to administer medications and handle emergency situations
- Excellent understanding of nursing activities in camp
A&T Associates, San Ardo, CA
July 2012 - Present
- Assess campers before camp and identify potential health risks
- Provide basic health education to campers
- Review and maintain health records of campers
- Provide mental support to children in distress
- Screen any signs of infectious disease in children
- Stock medications and other instrument to be used during the camp
- Administer medications and provide first-aid as needed
- Pay special attention to children children with special needs
Nature Camp, San Ardo, CA
January 2010 - June 2012
- Provided routine nursing care to children participating for camp
- Screened children for rhinitis, sinusitis, pharyngitis, headaches, conjunctivitis, etc.
- Isolated children with signs of infectious diseases
- Ensured camp has all the required medical facilities
- Helped children overcome homesickness feelings
- Established friendly relationships with children's
- Identified children with chronic illness and referred them to physicians
- Bachelors Degree in Nursing
ABC University, San Ardo, CA