A common formatassignment you have to cope with in college is the 500-word essay. You can describe writing such a task with a large number of different expressions, stretching from “very easy and enjoyable” to a “catastrophic Armageddon”. To be honest a 500-word essay is not a huge mission to complete, once you master the subject and you have developed your own opinion on it. Yet the sun is not always shining and sometimes even the easiest task can be very demanding: especially difficult topics, a theme you really don’t like, one of those day when everything conspires to keep you from focusing on your assignment. In this case you can resort to some of the numerous writing services or you can, with a great deal of patience, sit at your desk and overcome the impasse. Having some notes and a sample of how a 500-word essay should look like can be very helpful: Google for 500 word essay examples and tips, you will be submerged with tons of really good and inspiring material.
A Few Guidelines On How To Write A 500-word Essay
- An overall outline. Write down a general skeleton of what you think is worthy writing about the topic. Take your outline open, adding points and hints, or eliminating them while writng your paper, as your ideas become more coherent and clear.
- Introduction. Describe by and large the subject of the essay, keeping in mind which points would you like to focus on in the body: some words, skillfully distributed in the text, can drive readers in a precise direction. The introduction is a sort of narrative door: making it beautiful and appealing it’s a great invitation to proceed to the body.
- Body. Indeed the main and largest part of any essay, in which your points are fully described and developed. Make the body effective by basing the content on a solid ground: opinions are valuable, but are opinions. Facts, data and reliable sources give your text insight and credibility.
- Conclusion. It is the last part of the essay and the most critical in some respects: here your points bloom into a thesis, a sentence, a position which become somehow public material. You may say that you remain in your page, while your conclusions go beyond it, inspiring other people, being confuted or further developed by someone else. Isn’t it challenging and fascinating?
- Style. What is beautiful in writing is that everyone has his own style: we are all different and our approach to words and how we combine them is unique and incomparable. If I should make a suggestion on the style, I would recommend to adequate it to the topic and the likely audience. Be descriptive and add some juice in the text, make your readers smile or say “oh” without becoming redundant or too poetic, especially in short assignment as 500 word essays.
- If you weren’t the author. After you’re done, let your essay resting for a while, then check grammar, syntax and spelling. A good practice should be to go through your text imagining to be one of your readers: does the essay succeed in reaching the original goal? Is it easy to read, exhaustive and comprehensible? If you are not satisfied, revise and polish it until you are.
- Plagiarism: awareness and responsibility. Plagiarism is decidedly to be avoided. Besides being very easy to be detected, it doesn’t enrich you and prevent you from becoming a responsible grown adult. Of course you don’t need to have opinions on everything, or you may need some non-original content: in these cases, you can quote, mention, add a reminder, whatever! just remember that your accountability matters and sooner or later you will answer for your actions and decisions, as a student, employee, in a leadership position or, above all, as a man.
Just a few tips as I stated before. You can adjust them on longer tasks, a research paper for example, a term paper or whatever longer essay. One last smart idea: once you have familiarized with writing and perhaps discovered that you are very talented at it, you can apply for some of the numerous available scholarships for budding writers, getting good money during your college or academic years. Wouldn’t that be great?
Short essays are a very common academic or scholar writing task. They are a part of the syllabus and part of the assessment in many courses, including literature, film studies, cultural studies – the list may go on and on. Writing 500 word essay may be a challenge in terms of not only finding the time for you to write a home assignment, but also because it is hard to succinctly share your thoughts and put them into a limited amount of words. Almost any 500 word essay example that you may encounter online or in printed guidelines on how to do a book report and other writing works, suggests that writing this type of essay is an art that can be mastered through practice.
How it works
Student places an order
Writers make their offers
Student Hires a WRITER
THE WRITER GETS TO WORK