Persuasive speeches are those that address themselves to the minds and hearts of people who heard them; but funny persuasive speeches give color to the speech and the effect they have is unparalleled. The value of the speaker’s words is doubled with the fun element.A funny persuasive speech evokes a light-hearted response from the audience from the beginning of the oratory. While every tone and every gesture forecasts the result with the audience, the overall anticipation and pleasure comes from the funny persuasive speech topic you choose.
We have come up with funny persuasive speech topics that are out-of-the-box and not the regular topics you find everywhere. They help differentiate you from others in the same genre.
A List Of 50 Funny Persuasive Speech Topics:
- ‘Little people’ is less offensive than ‘dwarf’ or ‘midget.’
- Women are genetically disposed to not be funny.
- Save paper towels, save the forests. (Shake hands before using the paper, fold the paper towel and dry.)
- Sex needs a new metaphor, other than baseball where you use terms like scoring, getting to first base, if there’s grass on the field play ball etc. Example: The new model is based on Pizza, it’s not competitive like baseball. You’re also sharing the experience of pleasure and enjoyment.
- Scientists should stop talking jargon to us and make ideas accessible.
- Parking and coffee to be included in college tuition fee.
- How to handle well-meaning people you don’t like.
- Why you deserve to be the boss instead of your boss.
- Prints of body parts other than fingers should be taken. Like ear prints. (Talk of the burglar caught by his ear-print on the window glass – he was listening to find out if the coast was clear)
- Blondes ARE stupid.
- Men should never wear skinny jeans.
- Grades don’t matter.
- The work week should be shorter.
- Horror movies are good for experiencing the adrenaline rush.
- Funny pick up lines work.
- Blaming the horoscope when things go wrong helps.
- All is not fair in burping and farting, but it is in love and war.
- With a woman as a president, there would be more wars.
- It is not wrong to steal bread to feed your family.
- Women have to leave the seat up for men’s convenience.
- Schools should ban Harry Potter for promoting witchcraft.
- How playing games raised your IQ.
- A thumb is a finger.
- Reverse discrimination.
- Men are happier than women.
- If a woman hits a man, he should be able to hit back without it being called abuse.
- Too much rhetoric and speech caused the fall of the Roman Empire, it will kill us too.
- Keep your mom off Facebook.
- Banks have to ban hats and sunglasses to avoid robberies.
- Make your friends pay every time, all the time.
- Guys gossip more than girls.
- Adult children living at home can be a pain.
- A majority of vegetarians don’t love animals.
- How to eat food you don’t like.
- Why being fair doesn’t work all the time.
- Larger passengers should be obliged to purchase two plane tickets (the weight?).
- Being a weekday vegetarian in a carnivorous culture.
- Limit alternatives to make your choices easier.
- Reincarnation is a fact.
- Why moist cookies are better than dry. Bring cookies and demonstrate.
- Boys should be allowed to cross dress and wear skirts.
- Children of divorced parents should gain the right to divorce their parents if they choose to.
- There must be a breakup insurance policy to all
- Eat lionfish to stop their invasion.
- Donate your locks.
- How to persuade someone to take the blame for your mistake.
- How to get a spouse to hand over the remote.
- Why the drinking age should be lowered.
- How to create a cult following easily with so many dumb people around.
- Why airplanes should be made from the material the black box is made of.
These topics conjure images of fun and humor and are bound to make the audience smile. They will help build up an anticipation of wanting to know what the speaker has to say about it. Hope you have a great time delivering the speech.
Persuasive speech topics convince a reader to embrace the point of view presented by the writer. The audience must be convinced by way of an argument or application.
Persuasion is all over in way of advertisement, brochures, junk mail and many others. Look around you and you will note a form of persuasion or the other.
Alliteration, similes, pun, irony, metaphors are key in funny essay topics. Balancing your words and not going over the top in trying to be funny will be receptive to your target reader.
Funny Persuasive Speech
This type of writing gives color to the speech and the effect is unrivaled. Fun element is engaged in all aspects of writing. A funny persuasive speech must bring out a humorous response from the reader from the first word to the last. And as the adage says “ a good laugh heals a lot of hurts”. We have come up with a list of topics to ensure your audience laughs all the way.
List of 67 Funny Persuasive Speech Topics
- Which country wants more wars with its neighbors? Elect in a woman president.
- Men are happier than women.
- Why do men get intimidated by funny women?
- Want to see your man’s skin crawl? Reach out for his phone as he goes to the washroom.
- As fuel prices increase so should wages too.
- Lying is a necessary evil in relationships.
- Should parking be free for college students?
- Does becoming a vegetarian improve your life?
- Is time travel a reality or a fad?
- Women can do better than men and not in talking.
- Due to excessive use of cellphones on dates. People might fall in love with the others phone cover.
- Beauty and dumb or plain Jane with brains, which one would men prefer?
- When meeting with an ex do both party play in their mind “who won”?
- Should men wear skinny jeans?
- Psychologist will agree “never let your man’s mind wander, it is too little to be on its own?
- Should your parents keep off your Facebook?
- A break up insurance policy? Will people buy this premium?
- Does fair work all the time in life?
- Is jury duty voluntary?
- Why should your room be cleaned everyday?
- Which is the best way to fire your boss?
- What not to say on a first date.
- Do men behave more badly than women?
- Why is it that moms know best?
- The origin of April Fools Day.
- Funniest childhood memories of kindergarten.
- What not to wear on first date.
- Does happily ever after exist?
- How to fail at exercising.
- Are blind dates for the visually impaired?
- Did dogs stop eating homework?
- When sleep eludes can you count chicks instead of sheep?
- How can you make fun part of your daily life?
- What is the opposite of the Murphy’s law?
- What lessons have your learnt from your pet?
- Humorous first date experience.
- Why do women lie about their age?
- How to cope with college reunions?
- Things not to do in a traffic jam?
- How to lose your friends fast.
- How to be a delightful host.
- Do pets make people happy?
- Will there be a day that Facebook will not rule the world?
- Are fraternities not so cool nowadays.
- Men gossip more than women?
- Do men make better chefs?
- What you should not wear to a prom.
- Why is it always rule of the thumb and no any other finger?
- Should someone in his thirties still be living with their parents?
- Are talking cartoons like Talking Tom bad for child’s development?
- Are women better CEO’s?
- Are rural folks happier than town folks?
- Are horoscopes true?
- Should fat ladies wear skinny pants?
- Are blondes smarter than brunettes?
- Do funny people have a gene that makes them tickle?
- What are the determinants that you are addicted to the internet?
- Is there such thing as a profitable mistake?
- Dating rules women wish men knew?
- How to become a celebrity in your college?
- Is karma real?
- How to avoid phone call pranks.
- How to smile amidst tension.
- My first attempt on a bicycle?
- How to have fun in a reunion.
- What better ways can men do to remember birthdays, anniversaries etc.
- How can you get over a wardrobe malfunction?
Also read: powerpoint presentation topics
Steps for an Effective Persuasion
Know your audience
You need to ask yourself the following questions about your audience?
- What are their beliefs in regards to the topic?
- What counter arguments may arise from them?
- Would they feel the topic affects them directly? And much more.
Support your opinion
Detail your topic and involve your readers senses. Use of anecdotes goes a long way in keeping them glued to the essay.
Find common ground
Counter arguments best tackled respectfully are convincing. Avoid being bullish as much as you find your opinion more stronger than that of your audience.
Have credible sources
Use reputable statistic and studies and cite appropriately.
Remember your essay should not be a string of jokes, it is a narrative it should have a beginning, middle and the end. Should your subject matter be serious be reminded that humour can ease tension and provide relief to difficult situations.
Do you need a speech, research paper or essay done for you? You can buy term papers online and get help from real professionals